MICROS OPERA and MICROS Simphony Support New Apple IPad Mini
The hospitality and retail industries specifically will benefit from a more handy device that offers the usability of an iPad 2, with a smaller form factor which makes it more portable and easy to use.
MICROS Systems, Inc., a leading provider of information technology solutions for the hospitality and retail industries, is pleased to announce that its MICROS OPERA and MICROS Simphony Enterprise Solutions both support the newly released Apple iPad Mini.
The new Apple iPad Mini sports a 7.9” display and weighs only 0.68 pound (0.31 kilograms), half as much as the full-size iPad. It has been suggested that the hospitality and retail industries specifically will benefit from a more ‘handy’ device that offers the usability of an iPad 2, with a smaller form factor which makes it more portable and easy to use.
“We are pleased that both MICROS OPERA and MICROS Simphony easily support the new iPad Mini which is a better size device for our industry,” stated Jenny Kurdle, Executive Vice President, North America Operations, MICROS Systems, Inc. “Hotels can use it to promote the offering of concierge services, room services and simplify the check in and check out process, while food service operations can use it for table-side ordering and line busting. MICROS has pioneered the use of mobile technologies in hospitality for almost 20 years and continues to stay current with cloud technologies and the newest consumer grade devices.”
About MICROS Systems, Inc.
MICROS Systems, Inc. provides enterprise applications for the hospitality and retail industries worldwide. Over
330,000 MICROS systems are currently installed in table and quick service restaurants, hotels, motels, casinos, leisure and entertainment, and retail operations in more than 180 countries, and on all seven continents. In addition, MICROS provides property management systems, central reservation and customer information solutions under the brand MICROS-Fidelio for more than 26,000 hotels worldwide, as well as point-of-sale, loss prevention, and cross-channel functionality through its MICROS-Retail division for more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide. MICROS stock is traded through NASDAQ under the symbol MCRS.
For more information on MICROS and its advanced information technology solutions for the hospitality and retail industries, please contact Louise Casamento, Vice President of Marketing at (443) 285-8144 or (866) 287-4736. You can also visit the MICROS website at www.micros.com or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow MICROS on Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and the MICROS Blog.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
Request Information from this organizationPlease click the link below to request more information from the organization or company featured in this article.
- MICROS and Elavon Deliver Secure Payment Technology
- Oracle to Acquire MICROS Systems for $5.3 Billion - USATODAY
- Louvre Hotels Group Selects the MICROS OPERA 9 Reservation System for Its Tulip Branded Hotels
- MICROS Debuts New MICROS MTablet E-Series and the MICROS Engagement Feature at the National Restaurant Association Show in Chicago
- Ovation Brands Selects Cloud-based MICROS Simphony and MICROS ICare As Its Next Generation Technology Solution for All Locations
- ERevMax Completes 2-way Integration with Roomlia® to Provide Hotels Seamless Connectivity
- Top Designers Partner with INNCOM by Honeywell to Win Guest Room Design Awards at HI Connect®
- Proxce Simplifies Mobile Check-In for Hotels
- Half of People Would Use a Workplace Smartwatch
- Vizergy Cloud CMS Secure While Millions Of Open Source Websites Remain Vulnerable